Home Page
Registration
Edit profile

catalogue
auction
shopping cart
shipping

history
makers

search
faq
news
links
about
contact
Antique Golf Clubs from Scotland
Clubmakers
D McEwan and Son
Musselburgh
D McEwan and Son Douglas McEwan inherited the clubmaking business of his father Peter in Edinburgh in 1836 and moved to Musselburgh in 1847. The work of the firm spanned six generations, from James making clubs in Edinburgh in 1770 to a second Douglas who ran the business until 1920 and McEwans who were club professionals around the country. The photograph is of the second Peter (b 1834), the grandson of the first.

James McEwan was probably the first maker to use a mark on his clubs: all bore his name and a large thistle device. Unfortunately after James, it gets messy identifying clubs as he was the only one to use his initial in stamping the head. Thereafter, everything from the firm was simply stamped “McEwan”.

Catalogue Search the catalogue for clubs by this maker