Home Page
Registration
Edit profile

catalogue
auction
shopping cart
shipping

history
makers

search
faq
news
links
about
contact
Antique Golf Clubs from Scotland
Clubmakers
Edward McDonald
Montrose/Whitby
Edward McDonald was a son of Montrose but went south in 1895, to another famous whaling town, Whitby, to further his golfing career when the club moved from its initial location at Goathland to the current clifftop location. A founder member of the PGA in 1902, he served the Whitby club until 1916.

He came out of retirement to look after the Lostock course in Bolton where his son Alexander was professional but serving in the army. Alexander died from his wounds in hospital in France at the end of 1917.

Catalogue Search the catalogue for clubs by this maker