Home Page
Registration
Edit profile

catalogue
auction
shopping cart
shipping

history
makers

search
faq
news
links
about
contact
Antique Golf Clubs from Scotland
Clubmakers
F H Frostick
Byfleet/St George's Hill
Frank Frostick was the younger brother of H J Frostick began his career at the now defunct Bleakdown club in Byfleet in 1907. In 1913 he took up the post of professional at St George's Hill and remained there for almost forty years.

The time was broken by war service as a Gunner in the Royal Field Artillery. He was sent back to England in December 1917 after suffering the effects of a poison gas attack.

There was quite lengthy discussion in his neck of the woods at the end of the 1920s about widening the size of the golf hole from 4" to 5". A test of this was played over the nearby West Hill course in 1929. Frostick was one of those vehemently opposed to the change and, being of an inventive nature, built a putting machine which hit the ball straight, and with the correct weight, to demonstrate the adequacy of the 4" hole.

Catalogue Search the catalogue for clubs by this maker