J H Andrew & Co
Neither from Ohio nor from Spain, the Toledo here is the name of the steelworks set up in Sheffield by J H Andrew around 1870. Better known for cutlery this club was presumably made from an alloy used for knives and forks. The clubhead is marked "Rustless Iron", which it is not, although the rust has been removed. The surface pitting suggests the material is a combination of an iron alloy and some plating on top.
The face has an enclosed hyphen pattern surrounded by decorative bars. The reverse has further markings of a hand holding a cutless inscribed "Toledo" with "Trade Mark" below, "J H Andrew & Co Ltd Sheffield", "Mid Iron" and "Warranted Forged".
The hickory shaft is straight. The grip is an early black all-weather job which has shrunk over time leaving gaps. If the club were to be used for play this would have to be replaced but, as it is original, and makes for an interesting display, it has been left as is.
Click on the image to view it full size